Re: A performance question: Unix v/s NT

From: Alexey Reshetov <real_at_real.hq.kem>
Date: 1997/08/22

Helmut Hahn (helmut.hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de) wrote:
: Hallo,

: we have a 4GB DB on NT4.0 and had no crashes or other downtime because of
: NT. All works fine and fast. I ported the DB from VMS to NT. We had some
: people saying 'You will see whats going on if you do that!'. They were
: right: I see that all is going fine.

: Helmut

The word "performance" in the subject, isn't it? Users, memory, transactions/hour, network access - where ??? What is the path to provide for non-stop or unreboot mode of ORACLE database on NT.
On Unix exists shell, cron, ps, kill. You can tune shared memory and disk i/o.

Regards.

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Fri Aug 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT