dba_jobs / PGA memory

From: Bdesatnik <bdesatnik_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/21

We are currently experiencing some problems with the Oracle job queue and some of our packages that execute from the job queue. We're running on Oracle 7.3.2.3 on AIX. When running jobs from the job queue, the PGA memory keeps growing and doesn't get released after each job in the job queue completes. It appears as though each job in the queue uses the same SID and serial # and the memory for that particular SID / serial # continues to grow until the entire system comes to its knees. Usually the PGA memory reaches 2GB - we have 512MB of physical memory and 2GB of swap space allocated. A few things to note - we are using parallel query as well as partition views. The volume of data, in some cases, is very large (potentially millions of rows of data).

Anyone have any experience in this area or had a similar problem? Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Aug 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT