Re: Oracle 7.3 on Netware versus Delphi

From: Scott Vickery <Vickery.Scott_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: 1997/08/21

Not only does it bring the whole table, it must query the data dictionary for the structure of the table so that it can build a SQL statement to get the data that Oracle can read.

You may also want to look at the MaxRows setting within the BDE configuration (assuming you are using the the CLient Server version of Delphi). Read the help file first though.