Re: Free Space within Table or Index

From: Tobias Hitzfeld <Hitzfeld_at_Schoepflin.de>
Date: 1997/08/21

Hi there!

There exists another (third) way to check the free space of a segment: just create the package dbms_space
($ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsutil.sql
and call the procedure procedure dbms_space.unused_space(segment_owner IN varchar2,

segment_name IN varchar2,

segment_type IN varchar2,

total_blocks OUT number,

total_bytes OUT number,

unused_blocks OUT number,

unused_bytes OUT number,

last_used_extent_file_id OUT number,

last_used_extent_block_id OUT number,

last_used_block OUT number);

The advantage is that you don't need to analyze the table/index/cluster and that the results are exact.

Yours
Tobias

Dick Allie wrote:

> Neil Boemio wrote:
> >
> > When creating a new table or index and after loading up the data,
 I'd