hit ratio

From: Pavel <peroutka_at_apple.com>
Date: 1997/08/20

To all,

I created a database with 400m of buffer cache on machine which have 2gig memory. This database is using CONTEXT option. The database is accessed by about 100 users at the time. The database seems to be performing all right but hit ratio is suggesting that I need more db_buffers (56%). It seems to me that 400meg should be more than enough.
Any advice how to deal with this besides increasing db_block_buffers parameter?

Thanks,

Paul Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT