Re: MS-ACCESS calling stored procedure

From: Sreeni Karpurapu <karpurapus_at_detroitedison.com>
Date: 1997/08/20

You cannot call functions or stored procedures with in/out or out parameters.
How ever you can call a stored procedure with "IN" parameters. You need to use a passthrough query option to execute your stored procedure.

If you need some data back to your MS Access program, you need to insert that data into a temporary work table through your stored procedure and then Select the data from that temporary work table.

For Example

tempstr = "Begin Proc1( '" & StrVar1 & "' , '" & StrVar1 & "' , '" & StrVar1 & "'); End;"
mydb.Execute tempsql, dbSQLPassThrough

In the above code Proc1 is a stored procedure

Hope this is helpful

Sreeni

Simon Maufe <maufe_at_daugherty.com> wrote in article <01bcad22$2baa36c0$26dd90a4_at_SNMAUF.MONSANTO.COM>...