DB Design: Storing Text... Compression...

From: Michael Agbaglo <byteshifter_at_shifted-bytes.de>
Date: 1997/08/20

While designing a DB for maintance contracts the following problem occured:

How can Text stored in a DB ? If I decide to use LONG RAW... how do I perform an
INSERT INTO ... ? Does Oracle provide a compress function ? Can I call 'gzip' from a trigger ?

Does Oracle 8 provide better solutions than Oracle 7.3 ? Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT