SQL*Loader: loading data containing newlines

From: Michael Jessen <Michael.Jessen_at_iName.com>
Date: 1997/08/20

I'm attempting to load variable length data that includes newline characters on a Unix platform. The logical records will have variable length of up to about 2000 bytes.

The data (newlines included) will be extracted from an existing table with a (yet to be written) C program, and fifo piped into loader. The point of using Loader for this is because it seems to be the fastest way to load a large table.

So far in the tests I've tried, the data gets truncated at the newline. Can anyone suggest a way to handle this on Unix? I've heard of the INFILE FIX option which may be useful, but dont know its syntax or use. Does anyone know where FIX is documented?

Mike.

ps - oh the input data stream will contain other control chars too - not just newlines. ie its binary. Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT