Re: Q: Falied to contact Oracle Agent ?

From: allen lucas <alucus_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/08/20

I had similar problems setting up the Agent conversation.

Look through your Topology.ora and Tnsnames.ora to insure there exists a correct path to the agent. Also then insure the port settings are correct. The connection can eventually be verified via the PingAgent command within the Daemon Manager.

Also, from ORACLE support, I understand the OEM 1.2.x may be slightly problematic. I was told immediately to upgrade to 1.3.5, which ships with the 7.3.3 CD.

Good luck.

\\||// "It's a poor man who doesn't build a shed / \ over his tool" []--[] William Gannon @ /\ @ {----} ^^ alucus_at_concentric.net