Re: Oracle7.3 & Forms30

From: Amit Aggarwal <amaggarwal_at_kendle.com>
Date: 1997/08/20

Hans wrote:

> I have heard that it is possible to run Forms30 against Oracle7.3. We have
> Both Oracle7.2.3 and Oracle7.3 installed on a machine with HP-UX 10.
>
> Can anybody tell me what I have to do to run Forms30 against Oracle7.3? It
> is obvious that when I do a ORAENV ORACLE_SID and the ORACLE_SID = 7.3 I
> can't use runforms30..........
>
> Help would be appreciated!

You need to install Forms30 in a separate ORACLE_HOME. Then for all the users the ORACLE_HOME would be this new one. I have done this before, but I don't remember all the steps. Oracle tech suppport would be of more help. But I am nore than 100% sure that it could be done.

amit Received on Wed Aug 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT