career choice

From: <julienpr_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

I have a question for the group regarding remaining an Oracle DBA vice migrating over to become a Designer 2000 expert. I have been offered a rather nice position at a good commercial company as a senior-level Oracle DBA. I have also been offered a position at Oracle as a Designer 2000 consultant. The money, benefits, and perks are better with the DBA position, but the Oracle position offers a break from DBA duties as well as better training opportunities. I would appreciate any insight on the value of both types of work, and any advise on working at Oracle.

Many thanks Received on Tue Aug 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT