Re: Protecting Passwords In SQL Scripts

From: John Hough <q6y_at_ornl.gov>
Date: 1997/08/19

Paul:

I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve. If you have crete for your users ops$ accounts then no password is needed the users can login as

sqlplus / @junk.sql

as far as i know you cannot pass a encrypted password to oracle for it to decrypt and use. If you would give a little more information including OS, Oracle Version and examples of what the problem is. I will try to provide more data.

Thanks,

John Hough