Re: Incompability between O8 and Dev2k

From: Timothy Taylor <ttaylor_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

Paul Mu wrote:

> I intalled both O8 enterprise and Dev2k for NT.
> Dev2k 1.4 comes with Form4.5. But when I try to connect to local oracle, I
> can not logon using
> system account. The error is" no interface driver". But Sqlplus8 works
> fine, I compiled some
> OCI exaples coming with o8, it works fine too. I noticed Form4.5 comes with
> some old dll
> such as ociw32.dll with date of 1996 and ociw32 shipped with o8 is dated in
> 1997.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> --
> Paul Mu

Paul,

I'm assuming that you installed Oracle8 and Developer/2000 on the same NT machine. You can't make a direct connection from Dev2k to Oracle8, even though they're on the same machine. You have to make a SQL*Net 2.3 to Net8 connection to make this work. Here's what you need to do:

  1. Make sure that Net8 is configured All of the Net8 config files can be found in %ORACLE_HOME%/net8/admin, or you can use the Net8 assistant.
  2. Start the Net8 listener from the NT control panel
  3. Make sure that SQL*Net 2.3 is installed and configured (ie, make sure you have a TNS names entry for your Oracle8 database).
  4. Login using a tns alias: scott/tiger_at_oracle8

Good luck,

Tim Received on Tue Aug 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT