Re: Table naming conventions

From: Tomm Carr <carr%tw_at_edwards.af.mil>
Date: 1997/08/19

Martin J. Malley wrote:

> Option 1 makes it more difficult to effectively tune the environment for
> best performance.
> Option 2 is the one I like the best. Prefix all tables supporting an
> application with a code indicating the application.
> Option 3 creates problems if you want to use public synonyms.

I would go with option 3. Like a package groups related routines in a common area, a schema groups all related database objects together.

Not to mention that I *hate* prefixing as a permanent part of the object name. It is mostly redundant and an absolute waste of valuable keystrokes. If you want to prefix, prefix the public synonyms.

--
Tomm Carr
---- ----