Re: MSaccess import???

From: Peter McCool <peter_at_qimr.edu.au>
Date: 1997/08/19

Jinsong Qui (Jinsong_Qui_at_FirstDataBank.Com) wrote:
: Yes,

: It works fine by creating tables in Oracle, linking the tabes from Access
: and loading data into the tables, then dis-link. But any one has solution
: for export tables directly into Oracle ?

: I 'save as/export' two tables in Access into Oracle (7.3 work group). With
: the same user account, I can see the table name in user_tables view. But I
: can not locate the table by select, or drop. Error : table or view do not
: exist. Any way I can drop these two tables ?

: Thank you.

: Jinsong Qiu
: jinsong_qui_at_firstdatabank.com

Does the table name entirely of upper case letters? If not, you will have to enclose the table name in double quotes (e.g. "tablename") when referring to it in SQL*Plus or whatever. We had the exact same symptoms here, and that was the solution.

Regards,

Peter

Peter McCool - Computing Services - QIMR - Brisbane - Australia Received on Tue Aug 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT