SQL*Loader parallel load sort order

From: Michael <M.Jessen_at_austrac.gov.au>
Date: 1997/08/18

I'm planning a reorg of a largeish (600 million rows) table. My objective to minimise load time, so i'm planning to use Loader's PARALLEL option with four concurrent jobs, each one loading a sorted subrange of data. And yes i'm planning to use UNRECOVERABLE and DIRECT.

So far so good, my tests indicate this will work. Next, I need to create a primary key. I'd like to use the NOSORT option, but this is where i've run into trouble. Despite the fact that the input data is sorted in PK order, I'm never able to build an index using NOSORT - it always reports that the table data is not sorted on pk. This happens even when i use only one loader process.

Can anyone suggest a solution??

Mike.

ps - and yep, i'm planning to use UNRECOVERABLE and PARALLEL on the index create too! Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT