stored procedures/ database pipes

From: James McDonald <jamie_mcdonald_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1997/08/18

Hello

I have a question concerning database pipes and how they can be employed to create asynchronous messaging between stored procedures executing within an Oracle database server. The bottom line is that can one stored procedure listen on a pipe that another stored procedure can send data to.

We have a requirement that our client must receive unsolicited messages from the server. My question is this: can one of these "listening" stored procedures execute within the Developer runtime environment, without the benefit of a database system on the client? Is there another way we can employ database pipes to listen at the client? Thank you. Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT