Moving a database to a new host under NT

From: Joe Whalley <jw_at_mitre.org>
Date: 1997/08/18

I've developed an Oracle database using NT that I want to move to a "virgin" server - no Oracle installed. What's the best way to transport my database, bringing along all of the tables, users, triggers, keys, TNS files, etc. The actual data in the tables is not important. The machines will not be network accessable - strictly tape. I tried using NT backup with pretty painful results, even though I tried to maintain path names, I'm sure I screwed up the registry.

Thanks for any suggestions
Joe Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT