Re: Confusion regarding extents and AUTOEXTEND

From: Lando <MarkL_at_quebim.com>
Date: 1997/08/18

Autoextend applies at the datafile level only. It is used to let a datafile automatically extend itself or
resize itself to a larger value (specified by you) when it runs out of storage space. Index or table extents will continue to be allocated as needed as long as there is storage space left in the datafile. So to answer your question if autoextend is not set (or off) and there is still enough storage space in the datafile, index or table extents will continue to be allocated as needed until the datafile runs out of space (which will give you an error). Finally, I am not quite sure what you mean by specifying extents, but it sound like you have you have a problem in your syntax for the storage clause. It should be something like: storage (initial 1m next 1m minextents 1 maxextents 121)

M.Landa