Re: What has replaced DBA_LOCKS?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/18

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:52:49 GMT, granta_at_nospam.student.canberra.edu.au (Fuzzy) wrote:

>Hi people,
>
>One of the scripts that is installed as standard with oracle is named
>utllockt.sql. This is meant to show a nice hierarchy of locks held.
>Problem is, it works on a table called dba_locks, and I can't for the
>life of me find it, or any reference to how it is built. I can see
>most of the data needed in v$lock and v$locked_object, but I thought I
>might be something simple I'm missing. I'd rather try to use the
>script as is, instead of trying to hack it and potentially stuffing it
>up.
>
>Any help much appreciated. If anyone has a script they think is
>better, I'd be interested in hearing about it too.
>
>Ciao
>Fuzzy
>:-)

You need to run CATBLOCK.SQL first. CATBLOCK is found in the $OH/rdbms/admin directory with the other catalog scripts.

You should run catblock.sql as SYS or Internal in svrmgrl.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT