Re: Visual C++ Native Drivers

From: sm <sm_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1997/08/18

On 15 Aug 1997 03:03:42 GMT, albewong_at_wam.umd.edu (AlBeRt tHe GoD) wrote:

MSVC does not provide any native interface to Oracle.

Your options are as follows:

(a) OCI... Use Oracle OCI lib to access the db.
(b) Pro*C... Use the precompiler for the same.
(c) OO4O... Use the class libraries provided with Oracle Objects for
OLE to access the db.
(d) ODBC... You can use any ODBC driver for Oracle. Please note that the Oracle ODBC has ALWAYS supported calling stored procedures though the front-ends using ODBC may not have.

-sm