Confusion regarding extents and AUTOEXTEND

From: Sanjay Rallapally <c696346_at_showme.missouri.edu>
Date: 1997/08/17

<HTML>

Hi all,
<BR>I have been following the postings on the newsgroup regarding extents
and the problem
<BR>with the size of the datafiles. Can someone please clarify whether
the extents for an index will keep growing,inspite of turning AUTOEXTEND=off ?
<BR>Also, when I try to specify the extents for an index, I get an error
saying Unable to specify initial extent. Can someone please help out?
<BR>thanks in advance</HTML>