Re: Dev2K apps thru WWW, WAS 3.0 enough ?

From: Stephen Tyson <tyson_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/08/16

>Good question. I am just curious. I don't have any plans of doing this,
>but what exactly is required to run D2K forms programs via browser?
>
>1. D2K v1.4w?

Yes is needed, or D2K 1.5

>2. WAS?

Hmm, not sure about this one. You can get away with a file: URL for the Web page itself, but I'm not sure about the Java applet. In any case, if you do need a web server it can be any web server. (Including the Oracle web server 1.0 that comes free with Oracle 7.3, and the Apache freeware server).

>3. Oracle DBMS Server?

This is of course needed.

>4. Java compatible browser?

Here's the stickey bit. Not just a Java compatible browser, but a Java 1.1.2 compatible browser. There is no such thing. Netscape 4.0 won't do. Neither will any released version of Internet Explorer. IE 4.0 is supposed to have it, but it's still in beta. Received on Sat Aug 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT