Re: How to change SID name?

From: Brian P. Mac Lean <brian.maclean_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1997/08/16

Oracle_man wrote:

> Any one got the skinny on how to change my SID name?
>
> Please email to rheadrick_at_shl.com

If I remember right, the "alter database backup controlfile to trace;' command output will allow you to rename the database by recreating the controlfile with a new database name.

--
                       \\|//
                       (0-0)

These are my opinions until someone corrects me.

                       \\|//
                       (0 0)
           +-----oOO----(_)-----------+
           |    Brian P. Mac Lean     |
           | brian.maclean_at_teldta.com |
           |  http://www.teldta.com   |
           +-------------------oOO----+
                      |__|__|
                       || ||
                      ooO Ooo
Brian P. Mac Lean
Database Analyst
TDS Computing Services, Inc.
301 S. Westfield Rd
Box 5138
Madison, Wi 53705-0138
tel: (608)845-4662
fax: (608)845-4613
net: http://www.teldta.com
email: brian.maclean_at_teldta.com

I think I've got the hang of it now .... :w  :q  :wq  :wq! ^d  X exit
^X^C ~.
system X Q  :quitbye  CtrlAltDel  ~~q  :~q  logout  save/quit :!QUIT ^[zz
^[ZZ
man help ^C ^c help exit ?Quit ?q CtrlShftDel "Hey, what does this button
d..."

To be is to do.
                -- I. Kant
To do is to be.
                -- A. Sartre
Yabba-Dabba-Doo!
                -- F. Flinstone

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.
                -- Mark Twain

Measure with a micrometer.  Mark with chalk.  Cut with an axe.

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin

Good Artists Copy Ideas,
Great Artists Steal Them
        Steve Jobs

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned
in school."

                       Albert Einstein

"We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form
into teams
we would be reorganized.  I was to learn later in life that we tend to
meet any new
sitiation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for
creating the
illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and
demoralization."
        Petronius Arbiter 210 B.C.

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Who needs friends when you can sit alone in your room and drink?

I stand corrected...  I tried it...  I'm a goof :)

                                 ,        ,
                                /(        )`
                                \ \___   / |
                                /- _  `-/  '