Creating an Oracle data source on NT

From: Louie Iacona <lji_at_juno.com>
Date: 1997/08/15

I have an Oracle 7.3 Workgroup NT question that may be a bit basic for this crowd, but your help would be appreciated.

I am attempting to perform the basic task of creating a data source - associating a name with an Oracle data base. The data base/space exists, but when I launch the (Oracle's) 32-bit ODBC admin, the dialog does not allow me to associate a data src name with a data base (it presents input for description, SQL connect string, and some other NA field). Every other data base type on my system is associated with a particular data base - as you would expect. A different dialog box appears for other db types (assess, FoxPro or SQL server, for example) - one that allows me to name the db by name.

What am I missing? (Hope it's nothing basic). Has anyone associated a data source name with an Oracle data base?

All pointers will be much appreciated.

Please email response to:

        lji_at_juno.com

Louie I. Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT