How to use Column name in trigger

From: E.A.J. Moes <moese_at_kabelfoon.nl>
Date: 1997/08/15

Dear all,
I am suffering with the following:

I have a problem with retrieving the value of a column of a triggered row, when the name of the column is stored in a variable.

Within a trigger, a variable named 'column_name' contains the name of a column, for example 'col1'. How do we get the value of :new.col1 when 'col1' is only known in a variable ?

Via the table all_tab_columns it is possible to retrieve also the column_id of the column, but what can we do with this ?

Thanks in advance,
Evert Moes (moese_at_kabelfoon.nl) Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT