Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 Installation Problem!

From: YyWong <yywong_at_math.hkbu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/08/15

I need to install an Oracle 7 Server with Enterprise Manager for a company but I only have experience on PO7 and Oracle for Netware! And I get several problems:

  1. During the installation, when all the files is installed, an error message of "File Not Found: CTL3DV2.DLL" appearred.
  2. The Nt-Server has 2 network adaptors: one for Novell Netware and the other for Microsoft Network. Therefore, the SPX/IPX connection is already assigned to Netware. So, I try to add the TCP/IP protocol onto the server and clients (Win95) using a faked ip address. However, I can only get the SqlPlus connection on the Server only. That is, when I install SQL*NET 2.3 on the clients and run the net easy configuration, I still cannot connect to the Server through Sqlplus! But, I can do this on my server with the connection string made by the NT 4.0's net easy configuration. (Remarks: I have ping the server using clients' machine and no problem occurred. It can see the server)
  3. Initially, I guess that may be the problem of the listener.ora. So, I try to type "lsnrctl start listener.ora" in DOS but the machine's feedback is that the listener has no name! Do anyone know what that mean?
  4. I see that the OracleAgentORCL was not start in Control Panel -> Services. Can anyone tell me how can I start it? This service is already set Automatic.
  5. Very simple question. Is the server manager (svrmgr.exe) means to the Sql*DBA in the previous version of Oracle.

Sorry for posting so many question! But I am very very urgent to get the solution because the company cannot wait for my searching!

Thanks in Advance!