Deleted DBF Files

From: Andrew Babiec <ababiec_at_bdsinc.com>
Date: 1997/08/14

My System Admin (who knows nothing about database's) deleted one or two datafiles used by an Oracle instance. The other datafiles, as well as the system one are fine. The datafiles he deleted had obsolete tables on them BUT he didn't drop the tablespaces or anything before he deleted the files through UNIX.

Is there a way to get Oracle to ignore/delete/drop those datafiles as I don't need the tablespaces that were on there.

In the meantime, we are running into Oracle error messages left and right even though I can get to the data I need.

We are using Oracle 7.1

Please email me at ababiec_at_bdsinc.com

Andrew Babiec

P.S. if you know where I can get a FAQ on oracle, let me know. Received on Thu Aug 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT