Re: SQL-Net installation on client workstation ?

From: Al <al_at_work>
Date: 1997/08/13

  1. Run the CD install on a 'virgin' machine, asking for only the SQL*Net product. It will create C:\ORAWIN95 or C:\ORANT with all of the files that you require.
  2. Use REGEDIT use export your registry file. You want to create a SQLNET.REG file that contains all of the definitions for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE. This will consider ORACLE_HOME to be on the C: drive; it may be appropriate to change this drive mapping.
  3. Distribute a copy of your C:\ORAWIN95 or C:\ORANT directory to your clients. This directory can be located on a LAN drive if it makes things easier.
  4. Each client work station will have to run SQLNET.REG to update their registry. They should also add the <ORACLE_HOME>/BIN directory to their PATH, so that third party (i.e. Powerbuilder) software can find the software.

Michael McCloskey <maxmcclo_at_earthlink.net> wrote in article <33F12A64.3BDB_at_earthlink.net>...