Re: Measuring I/O activity on a per-table basis

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/08/13

If you do not have an inordinate number of tables that you want to check, create a new tablespace, move the tables, one at a time, into that tablespace and monitor file I/O on the datafile(s) that make up that tablespace. Move back to its original tablespace the table you just monitored, and proceed with the next one, and so on. Alternatively, if you have enough disk space (and your MAXDATAFILES parameter allows it), put the tables in question each into its own tablespace, and then monitor the corresponding datafiles.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu