Re: Oracle ODBC

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: 1997/08/13

 Assumptions: SQL*Net is running on db server with a listener.

  1. Install, configure, and verify working SQL*Net on NT.
  2. Acquire a suitable ODBC Driver for Oracle to run on your NT. (Oracle has a slow & primitive one for free, see also Intersolv, Visigenic, others which you have to purchase)
  3. Create ODBC service using ODBC Administrator (this can be tricky)
  4. Test ODBC connection using any ODBC enable app (Excel, Access, even ODBC Tester from ODBC Admin.)

If (when) you have SQL*Net/ODBC client-side problems, give a yell.

Kipp Woodard wrote in article <01bca416$c71725b0$051886d0_at_kwoodard>...