Rejecting Logins

From: Ken Whitaker <kwhitake_at_moon.jic.com>
Date: 1997/08/13

We have a Oracle Forms 4.5 based application and wish to download tables at a cutoff point.

The rules: To disallow users from using application A; but the same users can be using
application B during a cutoff period. The first form called is a menu for application A,B,C etc; application
A,B,C are separate forms called by the first form and to switch applications have to return to main menu. The servers Idle time is set incase they go to lunch etc.

The partial solution was to set a table upon entry of application A if cutoff period no access; thats
the easy part. What if user is already using the application and we wish to run a cutoff; are they
using application A . I was thinking of an Oracle Alert to logoff - Not like these clients are using
Unix and we could use a broadcast message - Sort of kill the session any ideas - or making
phone calls to users (what every DBA dreams of doing)

Please remove the "NOSPAM" to reply.

kwhitake_at_NOSPAMmoon.jic.com

--
X-no-archive:no