Re: Oracle VS.Microsoft SQL

From: chris <x_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/08/12

Ricardo Villanueva Ríos wrote:

> Please tell me the correct version from oracle to use in HP9000 Mod
> 925
> 128 MB Ram 2 Gigas HD Unix-HP Ver 9.25 ?.
>
> wich are the benefits are using Oracle vs Microsoft SQL keeping in
> mind
> that oracle is in Unix and SQL is in NT 4.0 ?

  Oracle, while it does have some problems, is a database company. Microsoft is an operating system company, and given their average quality levels on their premier product(s), why would you want to run the stuff they don't take too seriously, like their databases? Received on Tue Aug 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT