Re: RULE vs CHOOSE

From: Roy Klassen <rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/08/12

If heard that if you sset your optimizer mode to FIRST ROWS, this will speed thing up.

I'm going to try it on my databases and see if it works.

They said that CHOOSE favours more full table scans than FIRST ROWS.

Try and let me know what happens!!!

Roy Klassen rklassen_at_pei.sympatico.ca

Business Information Services <email_at_bisinfo.com.au> wrote in article <MPG.e590c7723a1d3f1989681_at_nsw-newshost.tpgi.com.au>...