Re: dilemma of choice between server and front end

From: Tomm Carr <tommcatt_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/08/12

News wrote:
> Can anybody suggest which of the following options are better with
> substantial reasons.
> 1) Oracle 8 - Developer 2000
> 2) Sybase 11 - PowerBuilder 5.0
> 3) Oracle 8 - PowerBuilder 5.0

4) Oracle 8 - Delphi 3.0 (or C++ Builder). The Borland products are OO from start to finish and run *much* faster than either D/2000 or PB.

However, if speed (and developer morale) is not an issue, may as well get Designer/2000 and have a completely integrated design/development process.

Just my $.02, mind.

--
Tomm Carr