Re: Kill all user on 7.2 db

From: SatarNag <satarnag_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

Erik,
I too am an entry-level DBA, but I have read up on Oracle's documentation on killing an user. I couldn't find one that kills all the users that are logged in, but maybe if you wrote a script that selects the Session id, Serial Number from v$session then kills the user by it's session id, it would work?

ALTER SYSTEM
KILL SESSION 'integer1, integer2'

where: KILL SESSION     terminates a session
              interger1                 specifies the user SESSION ID
              interger2                 specifies the user serial number

Good Luck to you as you follow down the Path of becomming an Oracle Expert.

Satar Naghshineh
SatarNag_at_aol.com