Re: Kill all user on 7.2 db

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

Oosterling_at_compuserve.com (Erik Oosterling) wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I got a small question. I'm not that good at oracle because i'm a
>starting DBA. I'm trying to make a endofday script sthat will do
>severall actions on my DB at the end of a day. But before that i want
>to kill all the users who still have a session running. Is there a way
>to do this or do i have to bring the Db down and up.
>
>PLease help me !

You could write a script to do this but IMHO it's just as easy to bounce the DB. Do a 'shutdown immediate' followed by a 'startup'. Shutdown normal will prevent new connections, but won't kick off current users. Shutdowm immediate will terminate all connections and rollback any current transactions before shutting down.

--
Chuck Hamilton
Sr. DBA

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to continue.