Re: How to open any Oracle database from Enterprise Manager?

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

Assuming that your database is remote and that you can succesfully connect to it via sqlnet, I believe you have to set up a password file for this activity.
To set up the password file you must use a utility called ORAPWD on the server I believe the syntax is something like;

orapwd file=<file_name> password=<password> but you can get further info. from the Server Administrators Guide.

Once you have set up this password file for remote you must also tell the instance to accepts logons via it. This is done by adding the line

remote_password_file=true

to your init.ora and restarting the instance. Hopefully you should now be able to control the instance using enterprise manager by logging on using the password specified in the password file.

Ian Cary Received on Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT