SQL*Loader Resource Contention

From: Bruce Bristol <bbristol_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

After each production cycle, we load our 8 history tables which takes several hours.

If I run more than 4 loads at one time, I risk possible resource contention and then all the loads may fail or hang.

If doing loads and others are doing large queries the same might happen.

Is there any rule of thumb on how many loaders can be running simultaneously while users are still accessing data?

Thank you!

-bb Received on Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT