Re: MSaccess import???

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

 Assuming you have sql*net and an "adequate" odbc driver installed on your client machine:

  1. attach to the desired oracle tables and do an append (you must have a primary key field defined in both the oracle table and the access table)

or

2) (preferred because for large data sets [50K records to many meg records], this is much faster) Export the access table to a format of your choosing (fixed field width, fixed record length is probably the easiest), ftp it over to the unix box, create an sql*loader control file, and run the import.

Ed Lufker wrote in article <5sli6u$7l3$1_at_sloth.swcp.com>...