Re: Why can't use the package DBMS_SQL ?

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/08/11

Dick Wong <dickwong_at_hk.super.net> wrote:
: I want to write a generic store procedure to create Oracle Database User
: Account with the use of dynamic SQL. I have used the Oracle built-in
: package DBMS_SQL and have no error during compliation. But, when I
: execute my store procedure, I get the error message :
: INSUFFIENT PRIVILEGE

: I sure that the SYS account have granted exeute on DBMS_SQL to public
: and created a public synonym for that package. Why can't me use this in
: another user account ?

    If that alone were sufficient for any1(public) to do anything, it     would clearly create security problem. You should figure out the     role(s) required to create an account and grant those to the account     you're running the procedure from.

    Rashid.

: Any solution or hints are welcome, Thank you.

: Dick Wong