Re: Help! Resizing datafiles

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

earvin_at_omega.uta.edu (Earvin C. Lim) wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I tried to resize a datafile, but I got the following error:
>
>--
>alter database datafile '/usr/local/app/oracle/oradata/ACS/system01.dbf' resize 8M
>*
>ORA-00406: COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 7.2.0.0.0 or greater
>--
>
>Does anyone know what's wrong? We are running Oracle 7.3.2.
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Earvin Lim
>-- Programmer/Analyst
>-- Academic Computing Services
>-- University of Texas at Arlington
>email: elim_at_uta.edu
>Phone: (817)272-3678

In your initialization file ($ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init???.ora) there's a parameter called COMPATIBLE. Even though you're running version 7.3.2, that value could be set lower for applications that expect Oracle to work like an earlier verison. Set the parameter to the actual database version and you should be ok.

--
Chuck Hamilton
Sr. DBA

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to continue.