Emergency! - DB Won't Start-DB File Time Too New

From: Stan Towianski <stantow_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/08/09

Hi,

I have a big problem. I have to restore a table from yesterday's database
so I restore the files from tape, but one of the darn files has a slightly
newer datetime stamp on it than the other files. I have other db files in
other directories and they all say Aug 7 18:33 except somehow this one
file out of 12 or so says 19:22. I don't know why!

Therefore in svrmgrl when I try to do a 'startup' it complains that this
file is newer than the control file - the control file is old. and will not open.

Now, there is nothing in prg_indexes2.dbf that I care about. It is just indexes
for a purged database. Is there anyway to fake Oracle out or do anything to
make it startup and not care about that file???

I tried recover datafile '..../prg_indexes2.dbf' and it gave the same dumb
message! Not much of a recovery.

I tried copy prg_indexes1.dbf to prg_indexes2.dbf but it found that they had
different file numbers and would not open.

I don't care about that data in this datafile! Anyone know what I can do? I just need to get the rest of it open so I can
export out the tables I do need.

Thank You.

drwxrwxr-x   2 oracle   dba         1024 Aug  9 00:47 .
drwxrwxr-x   4 oracle   dba         1024 May  5 12:02 ..

-rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 314574848 Aug 7 18:33
prg_indexes1.dbf
-rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 314574848 Aug 7 19:22
prg_indexes2.dbf
-rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 314574848 Aug 7 18:33 prg_mfg1.dbf
-rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 314574848 Aug 7 18:33 prg_mfg2.dbf

stantow_at_ibm.net Received on Sat Aug 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT