Oracle and Magetic Optical Jukeboxes

From: Pin Pin <gohchan_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1997/08/09

Dear Oracle Gurus,

We have some MAGNETIC-OPTICAL jukeboxes with 50 platters inside. Each platter has 2 sides. Each side of a platter can be configured as a raw device e.g. /dev/rdsk/platter-1-A, /dev/rdsk/platter-1-B.

The jukebox has 4 drivers. Using autoloader software e.g. from QSTAR or other vendors, has anyone done the following:

Create tablespaces and point to these 50 platters (or 100 sides). When a select statement refers to a table in that tablespace, the platter/side is brought into one of the available drives on the jukebox to read the information and return the info to the user.

Has anyone done such configuration before and does it work. I've tried it on Informix and it's fine but I'm not sure about Oracle.

Warmest regards and appreciate any kind of feedback u may have.

PP

has Received on Sat Aug 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT