Re: TNSNAMES.ORA placment ??

From: BRAJB <brajb_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/07

The normal location is in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin but you can put it anywhere you like with the TNS_ADMIN pointing to it. It is my understanding the search scenario goes first to /etc. If it is not there, it searches the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. If not there it searches the value of the TNS_ADMIN directory. The variable must be placed in each users .profile or .cshrc file. I would venture a guess that it could be placed in the /etc/profile (system wide) and would be applicable to every user that logs in (if you want this). Received on Thu Aug 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT