How to GetChunk from Oracle

From: Dianne Siebold <dsiebold_at_wrightstrat.com>
Date: 1997/08/07

I have an Access database with a field that is an OLE field. Following is the code I used to store the picture (the GetPictureAsString method is an internally programmed method) to an Access database.

'Get the ink and put it in a string variable
'picString = FLRec.GetPictureAsString("Eye2", True)

'If there was any ink
If Len(picString) > 0 Then 'Stuff it into the field phVisitRecsRS.Fields("Eye2").AppendChunk (picString) End If

To view the picture, I just created a picturebox and set the table and field properties to the OLE field. I am now connecting to an Oracle database, and I am not sure how to retrieve the data. I've looked under GetChunk, but it seemed that the code was overly complex for what I am trying to do. Also, I wasn't sure what type or Oracle field to use or how to get the picture to display in VB.

I am using VB5 with RDO against Oracle 7.3.

TIA for any assistance. Received on Thu Aug 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT