Re: DBMS_JOB -- what does this mean

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/06

Run the following query in sqlplus when connected as the user SYS.

SQL> select owner, object_type, status from all_objects where object_name =   2 'DBMS_JOB';

OWNER                          OBJECT_TYPE  STATUS
------------------------------ ------------ -------
SYS                            PACKAGE      VALID
SYS                            PACKAGE BODY VALID
PUBLIC                         SYNONYM      VALID

SQL> If you don't see a package and package body owned by SYS in a VALID state, then it is not installed correctly.

These packages must be owned by SYS and must be valid.

On 6 Aug 1997 19:03:04 GMT, "Paul Passarelli" <paulp_at_spam.talkthru.com> wrote:

> Wed 08/06/1997
>
> So far this reproduces on three development machines. Also, as this is
>the first time I'm using dbms_job, It's probably something simple I
>neglected to do.
>
> Any thoughts, notions, chuckles, etc. would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>--Paul
>---------|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^|---------
> Legitimate replies must remove spam from my address.
>---------|____________________________________________________|---------
>The chamber maids in Rome I'm told, are mighty hard to shock.
>They wait until your naked, then they enter, then they knock!
>

>Paul Passarelli <paulp_at_spam.talkthru.com> wrote in article
><01bca1ea$391afb20$be6964c7_at_kosh>...
>> I've been following several threads on dbms_job and I've having some
>> trouble. I have a procedure that I wish to call from a trigger, but
 that's
>> not the issue here...yet.
>>
>> My database creation log shows that \orant\rdbms72\adnim\prvtjob.plb
 was
>> put in the db, but I can't really understand what it means, (looks
 compiled
>> I guess)
>>
>> Anyway a short test invoked from SQLDBA72 gives me this.

>> SQLDBA>
>> SQLDBA> /* trigger will attempt to supress this deletion */
>> 2> delete foo where id = 20 ;
>> ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
>> ORA-04067: not executed, package body "DISPDBA.DBMS_JOB" does not exist
>> ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
>> ORA-06512: at line 61
>> ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
>> ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'DISPDBA.FOO_TRG'
>> SQLDBA> update foo set text = 'Tenth and final row' where id = 20 ;
>> 1 row processed.
>> SQLDBA>
>>
>> I'm confident the package body *is* in there, and I didn't forget this
>> either in init_sid.ora
>>
>> # .005
>> job_queue_processes=2 #two background processes
>> job_queue_interval=60 #the processes wake up every 60 seconds
>> job_queue_keep_connections=TRUE #sleep, don't disconnect
>>

>> I just don't know what to try next.
>> --
>> --Paul
>> Legitimate replies must remove spam from my address.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Aug 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT