Re: OCI question

From: Randy Shoup <rshoup_at_tumbleweed.com>
Date: 1997/08/06

Marcos Guirland Nowosad wrote:
> BEGIN
> x:= func1();
> END;
>
> and get (somehow) the value of the variable x into a variable of
> the
> program, since our system requires PL/SQL programming.

It's not tremendously clear from the OCI or PL/SQL documentation, but a standard bind variable basically works as an IN OUT parameter. You want to parse the following

         BEGIN
                 :x := func1();
         END;

and bind ":x" to the appropriate host language variable.

The same is true for an OUT parameter in a procedure:

         BEGIN
                 procedure_with_OUT_param(:output);
         END;

Good luck!
-- Randy

Randy Shoup                                     (415)569-3682
Senior Software Developer                       rshoup_at_tumbleweed.com
Tumbleweed Software Corporation Received on Wed Aug 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT