Re: Question About Datatypes

From: Marc Baime <mbaime_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/08/05

On 4 Aug 1997 22:31:15 GMT, "Dianne Siebold" <dsiebold_at_wrightstrat.com> wrote:

>1. Is there the equivalent of the SQL Server bit field (true/false)? If
>not, how is this field type handled?

No. I don't think the bit type is ansi standard. This can be simulated with a char(1) or a number(1) and the true false vaule defined in the header file of a program.

>2. What is the data type for storing an image? I would like to take
>bitmaps and store them in the database. Also, are there any known problems
>doing this?

Images may be stored in the 'long raw' datatype. These can be up to 2 gig in size. Long raws cannot be indexed.

Regards...Marc Baime Received on Tue Aug 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT