Re: SQL Net - Running Different Versions at the same time??

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com.stopspam>
Date: 1997/08/04

Bradley,

You never mentioned which SQL*Net you are using now. *IF* Peoplesoft is using SQL*Net v2.2.x that came on with the v7.2.x database, you do not necessarily have to upgrade your client. If they are using SQL*Net v1.x, then you will have some problems.

Also, I am not sure you can run a v7.2.x *and* a v7.3.x instance on the same box. But, then again I run Oracle on a Netware box, maybe you can do it on Unix?

HTH Regards
//Karl

Please remove '.stopspam' from the end of my address if you want to reply directly.
Thanks.
Karl M. Nordquist		karln_at_brightwood.com
Application Development
Bright Wood Corporation         Madras, Oregon